EBSCOhost Journal Alerts
You may select journal titles from the various EBSCOhost
databases to receive e-mail alerts when new issues are added to the
database. If the journals are available full-text, you will be
able to click to get the articles. Here's how to set it up:
1. Get into
EBSCOhost. At the Choose Database screen,
locate the database you are interested in. Click on
Publications underneath the database information.
2. Locate the journal title you are interested in and click
on it. This will bring you the Publication Details screen.
In the upper right corner of the box, click the Journal Alert
(If you have not already logged into your personal account, you will
be prompted to log in. If do not have a personal account,
click on I'm a new user to set up your account.)
3. Select how long the journal should run--one month, two
months, six months, or one year.
4. Type your e-mail address.
5. Type the subject which will show up in the subject line
of your e-mail. (The title of the periodical is a good choice :)
6. Select the e-mail format you wish to receive -- choose
HTML as it will come in a format that is much easier to read.
7. Select whether you want the e-mail to include a link
to the journal table of contents or links to individual articles.
8. When you have finished, click Save. You
will be returned to the Publication Overview Screen. A message
is displayed that indicates a journal alert has been set for the
publication. You will receive an e-mail message confirming
your new alert.