Fire Sprinkler System Replacement Project: May 14 - January 11, 2019
- The Multimedia Lab & Video Conferencing Studios are open (The One-button and Light board Studios are still closed) . (10/15/2018)
- General Collection L-Z (East-side of 3rd floor) is now closed to the public. (10/8/2018)
- The Audio book, Curriculum, and Juvenile Collections are open. (10/3/2018)
- The Media Library is open again. (9/20/2018)
Library staff will pull requested items from affected areas on a limited schedule, so be prepared for delays. You can use the request button in the library catalog, or ask at the Library Service Desk, to request materials.
The Library will remain open with normal service hours during the entire project, although each floor will have limited access during its scheduled phase. When feasible, service points and equipment will be relocated. Access to stairs and elevators will be maintained throughout the project.
Impact on Services:
- Construction noise: work will end by 5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursdays and 3:30 p.m. on Fridays
- Limited/restricted access to collections located in each phase
- Reduction of study rooms and seating
- Some closure of service areas for short periods of time
Phase Two - Second Floor: almost complete
Starting the week of October 8th:
ITS will start moving computers and equipment back into the Multimedia Lab & Studios so they may be re-opened. Some computers were temporarily located to the PML 312 Lab, 3rd floor.
Physical Plant will start re-assembling study carrels along perimeter of 2nd floor west.
Phase Three - Third Floor
Starting October 8th-Early November:
East side of third under construction:
- Restricted access to General Collection L-Z -- Use of e-resources, MOBIUS, and Interlibrary Loan encouraged
Computer Lab, PML 312 under construction
- Some computers will be relocated to the first floor north-end
- Study rooms closed
- Loss of seating as Presidential Portraits Reading Room, PML 308, is used as storage space
- Presidential Portraits Reading Room, PML 308 under construction
- Special Collections
will be closed
Late December/Early January
- Work in Atrium