WorldCat and Other FirstSearch Databases
These instructions are written for using Internet Explorer as
your web browser.
You can mark the items you want and use the
export feature to copy them into EndNote.
If you have not already done so, create the
library (database) in EndNote where you want to import the
- Select and search the FirstSearch
database as you normally would.
- Mark the references you want to
- Click on the Export icon.
- Export: Marked records from this
- Export to: EndNote.
- Click the Export button.
- Do you want to open or save the file?
- Select the EndNote library (database) you
want to save this in. OPEN.
- Choose an import filter: If you don't
see the name of your database, choose Other Filters from the
menu. Scroll down the alphabetical list of filters and find the
one for the database you used--make sure it has OCLC after it.
For example: WorldCat (OCLC), or PsycINFO (OCLC). Click
When finished, check your references to make sure they were