Research & Instruction librarians can help you develop meaningful
assignments that use information resources and minimize the chances
of plagiarism and Google-like searching.
Contact the Research & Instruction librarian who is the
liaison for your discipline.
Research & Instruction librarians can provide workshops for your classes in
the library's electronic classroom where each student can work at
his/her own computer. These workshops can be about:
- Evaluating information resources
- Finding and evaluating Web sites
- Finding and using government information
- How to research a particular topic
- Using a specific database..... and more.
Research & Instruction librarians will work with you to tailor it just for your
class. Contact the Research &
who is the liaison for your discipline.
Research & Instruction librarians can create Web pages which guide your
students in doing research for a particular project.
Click here for
some examples. Contact the
Research & Instruction librarian who is the liaison for your discipline.
Linking to Library Resources in Blackboard
Most databases provide a special direct link to full-text resources
for adding to course management software such as Blackboard. Look for the
following when linking to content from these databases:
- ebrary eBooks - Share Link to Book icon
- EBSCO databases - Permalink icon
- GALE databases - Bookmark icon
- Films On Demand -
Follow these directions
- JSTOR - Stable URL
- ProQuest databases - Email the record to receive a permanent