Pickler Library Alert!Do you want to know when the library receives…..
- New books on Egypt? presidential elections? bioengineered food?
- New videos on Islam? China? adopted children?
- Latest novels by John Grisham? Tom Clancy?
Here’s how to set up your profile.
1. Click on My Library Account on the Library’s Home Page
Type your first name. Tab to the next box.
Type your University ID# (your Banner number with leading zeros). Add tsu;
Enter your PIN. (You will have to create a PIN if this is the first time logging into your library account)
2. Click one of the Search Options --Advance keyword, Title, etc..
- Perform the search you want to save
- See Search examples below
3. Click on Save as preferred search
4. Click on Return to My Account
5. Click on Preferred Searches
6. Mark the box Mark for Email
7. Click on Update List
You can save up to 10 searches. These can be author, subject, title, or keyword searches. On Mondays you will be alerted by email of any recently received titles that match your saved searches.
- Click on Author—Type author’s last name first.
- Example: grisham john
- Click on Advanced Keyword—Create your search using all possible synonyms.
- Examples: middle east or iraq or iran or israel or palestin* or kuwait or lebanon
- (capital punishment or death penalty) and (laws or legal*)
- food and (genetic* or bioengineer* or biotech*)
- Add limits if you want - such as Material Format to limit to just Music or Videos
Note: Use the asterisk to find all forms of the word (genetic*=genetic, genetics, genetically)