Guide to Legal Resources
OTHER FEDERAL COURTS
CONGRESS AND THE COURTS: A LEGISLATIVE HISTORY, 1787-1977
- Purpose: Congressional documents and materials regarding the creation,
structure, and organization of federal courts and the federal judiciary.
Includes hearings and reports. Primary source material.
- Location: General Collection KF 8700 A25 C65
SHEPARD'S ACTS & CASES BY POPULAR NAMES: FEDERAL AND STATE
- Purpose: An alphabetical listing of federal and state acts and court cases
by popular name. If a case has acquired through common usage a popular
name, it can be traced through that designation in Shepard's Popular name
tables. (The main volume is updated by paperback supplements.)
- Location: Ref KF 80 S5
- Purpose: Includes Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, District
Courts, Customs and Patent Appeals, Court of International
Trade, Court of Veteran Appeals, Tax Courts, Bankruptcy Courts,
Customs Courts, Commerce Courts, Military.
- Notes: Available on Truman network only.
- Purpose: Opinions of federal and state courts and administrative agencies
in the field of environmental law.
- Arrangement: Includes an Index Digest (summary of cases by subject) and a
Table of Cases (each volume an alphabetical list of cases, not cumulative),
and Table of Cases by Jurisdiction. Each volume covers one year.
- Location: Ref KF 5505 A6 E5 Pt. 6A Library has volumes 1-46 only.
- Cited: ERC
MEDIA LAW REPORTER: DECISIONS
- Purpose: Decision of federal and state courts and administrative agencies
in the field of media law.
- Arrangement: Each volume covers one year. Includes in each volume: Topical
index, classification guide, index digest (summary of cases), table of
cases, table of cases by jurisdiction, and full text of decisions.
- Notes: Supplemented by advance sheets which are kept until annual volume
is received. Includes U.S. Supreme Court cases, circuit courts, and state
courts. The U.S. Supreme Court cases are in other sources.
- Location: Ref KF 2750 A513 Library has volume 1+ (1978+)
- Cited: Med.L.Rptr.
U.S. TAX CASES
- Purpose: Reports the full official texts of federal court decisions: U.S.
District Courts, U.S. Court of Claims, U.S. Court of Appeals and U.S.
Supreme Court, and landmark state court decisions that deal with federal
taxation. (Decisions of the Tax Court of the U.S. are not included here.)
- Online: 1913+ from CCH and
- Cited: USTC
TAX COURT MEMORANDUM DECISIONS
- Purpose: Reports the full texts of all memorandum decisions of the Tax
Court of the United States on federal taxation.
- Online: 1924+ from CCH and
LexisNexis. 1995+ from
- Cited: TCM
REPORTS OF THE TAX COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
- Purpose: Reports the full texts of decisions of the Tax Court of the
- Notes: Continues United States Board of Tax Reports
- Online: 1924+ through CCH and
LexisNexis Academic (under various titles); 1995+ from
The U.S. Tax Court (1995+)
- Cited: TC
- Purpose: IRS income tax rulings
- Location: General Collection KF 6282 A2 I577 (1919-1953); Online from
LexisNexis (1954+), and the
Previous page || Next
Back to Table of Contents of Guide to Legal Resources