Guide to Legal Resources
PRESIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS, PROCLAMATIONS
COMPILATION OF THE MESSAGES AND PAPERS OF THE PRESIDENTS
- Arrangement: By administration. Volume 11 is index.
- Notes: 11 volumes. Begins 1789 (Washington) and ends 1913 (Taft).
- Location: General Collection J 81 B97
CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS
- Purpose: Contains regulations of the various bureaus and departments of
the government which are currently in force. Part 3 has the Presidential
- Location: Ref KF 70 A34 I46 (1985-2002). Also available online through:
-- Legal Research (Truman network only)
- Cited: CFR
PUBLIC PAPERS OF THE PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES
- Purpose: Includes public presidential papers. Begins with Hoover.
- Location: Main volumes: General Collection J 80 A283
- Indexes: General Collection J 80 A2832
WEEKLY COMPILATION OF PRESIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS
- Purpose: The best CURRENT source for all Presidential documents. Includes
executive orders, proclamations, speeches, press conferences and other
legally significant documents.
- Arrangement: Chronologically. Quarterly and annual indexes.
- Notes: Published since 1965 (Lyndon Johnson). Library has 1965+.
- Location: Periodicals J 80 A284, 1993 to present. Also available online
GPO Access (free)
EBSCOhost Academic Search Elite 1995+ (Truman network only)
PRESIDENT'S WEB SITE
Previous page || Next
Back to Table of Contents of Guide to Legal Resources