Guide to Legal Resources
STATE GOVERNMENT---GENERAL INFORMATION
BOOK OF THE STATES
- Purpose: Comprehensive manual on state activities.
- Arrangement: By sections listed below. Use index at back for specific
- Notes: Published biennially in even-numbered years. Two supplements
usually issued in the odd-numbered years: (1) Listing of state elective
officials and legislators, (2) Administrative Officials classified by
Sections on Intergovernmental affairs; Legislation, elections and
constitutions; Governors and the executive branch; Legislatures; Judiciary;
Administration; Finances; Major state services (education, transportation,
health, safety, resources, etc.)
- Location: Latest edition in Ref JK 2403 B6. Earlier volumes in General
CSG STATE DIRECTORY (Council of State Governments)
- Purpose: Directory of state agencies and employees for all states.
Includes seal, population, estimated spending and other information.
- Location: Ref JK 2403 S68
STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT ON THE NET
OFFICIAL MANUAL OF MISSOURI
- Purpose: Guide to state government. Summarizes activities of each
department, gives names and addresses of people in various agencies.
Sometimes referred to as "The Blue Book."
- Arrangement: By department. Index at the back.
- Location: Reference has the latest edition: Ref JK 5430 M5, Special
Collection has 1889 to date.
Also online through the
Missouri Secretary of
Micromaterials has (on microfiche in Cabinet 20 Drawer 9) 1879-1971/72.
Previous page || Next
Back to Table of Contents of Guide to Legal Resources