Guide to Legal Resources
BOOK OF THE STATES
- Purpose: Comprehensive manual on state activities.
- Arrangement: By sections listed below. Use index at back for specific information.
- Notes: Published biennially in even-numbered years. Two supplements usually issued in the odd-numbered years: (1) Listing of state elective officials and legislators, (2) Administrative Officials classified by function.
- Location: Latest edition in Ref JK 2403 B6. Earlier volumes in General Collection.
Sections on Intergovernmental affairs; Legislation, elections and constitutions; Governors and the executive branch; Legislatures; Judiciary; Administration; Finances; Major state services (education, transportation, health, safety, resources, etc.)
- Purpose: Directory of state agencies and employees for all states. Includes seal, population, estimated spending and other information.
- Location: Ref JK 2403 S68
STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT ON THE NET
- Purpose: One-stop access to the websites of thousands of state agencies and city and county governments.
- Location: http://statelocalgov.net/index.cfm
- Purpose: Guide to state government. Summarizes activities of each department, gives names and addresses of people in various agencies. Sometimes referred to as "The Blue Book."
- Arrangement: By department. Index at the back.
- Location: Reference has the latest edition: Ref JK 5430 M5, Special
Collection has 1889 to date.
Also online through the Missouri Secretary of State's Office.
Micromaterials has (on microfiche in Cabinet 20 Drawer 9) 1879-1971/72.