TRUMAN STATE UNIVERSITY Pickler Memorial Library Truman State University
1:14 - William D Dobson Residence, 315 E Jefferson

William Davis & Mantie (Britton) Dobson and their children Pauline, Walter & Britton, (pictured on the porch & front walk) arrived in town August 1891 and moved into this home at the corner of Jefferson & High. Dobson had been named President of the First District Normal School in June 1891, a position he held till June 1899.  After stepping down, he remained on the faculty for a year then moved over to the American School of Osteopathy where he earned a DO before joining their faculty.   


Previous Photo | Return to List | Next Photo

For information concerning this collection contact: speccoll@truman.edu


Manuscripts Table of Contents  |  Special Collections  |  Pickler Memorial Library

Encouraging Discovery