TRUMAN STATE UNIVERSITY Pickler Memorial Library Truman State University
1:26 - Office of the Kirksville Democrat, 210 N Franklin

The Democrat, one of Kirksville’s three weekly papers, occupied this building from Mar 1890 till Nov 1893; from the time its old home on the south side of the Square burned down till it moved into the new Spencer Block in the 100 block of South Franklin.  Charles S Orcutt, formerly editor of the paper in Monticello, MO, purchased The Democrat from Chappell, Bailey & Co in Sept 1891 and sold it to WT Stephenson when he retired in 1903.


Previous Photo | Return to List | Next Photo

For information concerning this collection contact: speccoll@truman.edu


Manuscripts Table of Contents  |  Special Collections  |  Pickler Memorial Library

Encouraging Discovery