The Chapel of the First District Normal School, also known as Assembly Hall, was on the 2nd floor in the central section of the Normal Building (later renamed Baldwin Hall). There was a balcony across the west end of the 2-story room and the desks shown here would shortly be replaced by theatre seating. This was the site of many lectures, concerts and theatrical performances as well as daily assemblies for Normal faculty and students. The building was destroyed by fire in 1924.
For information concerning this collection contact: email@example.com