DeWitt C & Alice
moved into their brand new home January 1892. Designed by local
Charles Rowland and built by Sees & Son, it’s intricately
carved, hand-made interior wood work & doors were of the “most exquisite
workmanship” making it “one of the finest [residences] in North Missouri …
an ornament to our city.” DeWitt was a grocer; he owned a produce
market & cold storage plant in the next block north.