Lafayette J & Maggie (Sangster) Sherwood, residents of Brashear, MO,
purchased this lot in 1891 and possibly built the house shortly thereafter.
We're not sure who was living in it when the photo was taken, but Dr
George H & Florence (Drinkard) Nichols moved in a few years later, then
Hattie L Gregory ran her rooming house here from 1900 till about
1915. Trinity EpiscopalChurch is visible over the back
fence at left.