TRUMAN STATE UNIVERSITY Pickler Memorial Library Truman State University


2:5 - First Baptist Church / James H Reynolds Residence
402 N Franklin
Originally built by the Cumberland Presbyterians in 1868, this building was the home of First Baptist Church from 1877 until December1896.  The Baptists sold it to James Reynolds in February 1896 to help finance construction of a larger church at the corner of Washington & Marion. Reynolds began converting this place into a 2-story residence after the congregation moved out. (Notice his ladder propped up against the side wall).


Return to List | Next Photo

For information concerning this collection contact: speccoll@truman.edu


 Manuscripts Table of Contents  |  Special Collections  |  Pickler Memorial Library

Encouraging Discovery