Food and Drink Policy
- To create a welcoming, clean, comfortable atmosphere
- To avoid distractions for others who are sharing the library
- To protect library collections, furnishings, and equipment from spills and messes
- To prevent infestation of insects and rodents
POLICY: As guests in the Pickler Memorial Library, we want you to feel welcome and comfortable. To meet your needs, respect the rights of those around you, and to minimize the work of the custodial staff, we ask that you abide by this policy.
- Beverages in sturdy, spill-proof containers are permitted
- Messy or aromatic foods and meals allowed in the Café only.
- Consume only dry, snack type foods.
- Food and drink are not allowed in Special Collections
- Leave no trace. Clean up your wrappers, crumbs, etc.
- Report any mess to Library Service Desk immediately, so it can be cleaned up as quickly as possible.
- Food deliveries to the library are not allowed.
- Unattended food and drink will be removed and discarded.
- We strongly prefer that library users police themselves and abide by this policy, which has been designed to balance the needs of the library with the convenience of our patrons.
- Library personnel will ask those who disregard the above policy to remove the food or beverage from the building
REVISED: September 26, 2014