Below is the text of the Laptop Borrowers Agreement.
Copies to sign are available at the Library Service Desk.
Laptop Borrowers Agreement
Pickler Memorial Library - Truman State University
By my signature below, I acknowledge that I have read and agreed to all of
the following statements for checking out a laptop computer from Pickler
I agree to accept full responsibility for the laptop and
its peripherals while checked out to me.
I have read and agree with all of the responsibility and
- I WILL NOT LEAVE THE LAPTOP UNATTENDED (For example: using
the restroom, talking with friends.)
- I will not tamper with the laptop hardware or software, or attempt
to load software.
- I agree that the laptop is only for use in the Library for
up to 2 hours or until closing, whichever comes first
- I will pay an overdue fine of $10.00/hour
if I fail to return this laptop to the Library Service
Desk by the time it is due today.
- I accept full financial liability for the laptop while it is in my
- I agree to pay all costs associated with damage to, loss of, or
theft of the laptop per the laptop policy (up to $1,200.00)
while it is checked out to me.
- I agree that the University and the Library may use any
appropriate means to collect the amount owed for fines, damage,
loss, or theft.
- I acknowledge that unpaid fines will be applied to my library account and will prevent the issuing of official transcripts
- Laptops are for research purposes and/or preparing class
assignments, and I will abide by the
Acceptable Computer Use Policy and
Truman's Computer Use Policy.
- I have read and will abide by
Library's Laptop Circulation policy.
I agree that failure to comply with any of these rules and
guidelines will result in the loss of the privilege of borrowing a
Signature _________________________________________ Date
Name Printed __________________________ Student ID