The world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887, with the majority of full text titles in native (searchable) PDF format. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
Provides access to over 100 free peer-reviewed journals in all areas of biology and medicine.
A comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content. It is designed to support the information needs of patients, and to foster an overall understanding of health-related topics. CHC provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine.
On the Web through EBSCO.
On the Web through the official ERIC site, free to the public.
ERIC is a comprehensive database containing abstracts of journal articles, reports, curriculum guides, conference proceedings, etc. It covers all areas of education at all age and grade levels. ERIC Documents 1993+ are now freely available online. Documents before 1993 are in the library on microfiche. The library's microfiche subscription ended with ED455358.
The ERIC database, as well as lesson plans, web sites and other useful information, is available on the Web through the Educator's Reference Desk, also free to the public. (ERIC documents are not available at this site.) Coverage: Click here to show journal list.
Abstracted articles from 19,000 medical journals. Free to the public from the National Library of Medicine's PubMed. Medline is also available on FirstSearch.
by counties. The survey includes questions on alcohol, tobacco, and drug use and other behaviors that endanger health and safety. The 2012 Student Survey was given during Spring 2012 to students in Adair County. The rate shown in the report would be for the month previous (most likely March or April 2012 as the survey is due in May)
Weighted numbers are the “cleaned data” numbers adjusted to represent the population from which the sample was drawn. Weighting does not change a respondent's answer; rather, it gives appropriate relative importance to the answer.
Citations and abstracts of articles from journals in Psychology and other social science disciplines including Anthropology, Education, Medicine, Nursing, and Psychiatry, from mid-19th century to present. Also includes citations to books and book chapters from 1987 to present.
Full text of life science research articles.
This survey was done by Preferred Family Healthcare Inc.Prevention Department of Kirksville, Missouri in January of 2012 with Adair County residents over age 18. The survey includes questions about how frequently people have used many different drugs. It also has questions about mental health and domestic violence.
Presents national trends in health statistics. Each report includes an executive summary, highlights, a chartbook, trend tables, extensive appendixes and an index.
by counties. Statistics regarding substance abuse and mental illness.
Statistics about children including: economic well-being, health, child protection, safety and education.
Over 600 online reference titles in all subject areas. Allows cross-referencing between titles and expanding searches into the Truman catalog and other library resources.
Electronic version of a very famous medical dictionary and encyclopedia.
Detailed discussion of condition or disease with etiology and pathophysiology; sympomes and signs; diagnosis; prognosis and treatment. This version also has audio and video. Available in print at: Ref RC 55 M4 2006
This EBSCOhost eBook collection provides access to over 138,000 titles covering a wide variety of subject areas. It is comprised of the following sub-collecctions:
eBook Academic Collection
eBook Clinical Collection
eBook Community College Collection
eBook High School Collection
eBook K-8 Collection
eBook Public Library Collection
Guides for how to use the American Psychological Association (APA) citation style; the Modern Language Association (MLA) citation style; and the Chicago/Turabian citation style. This page also has information on how to use tools that automatically format bibliographic information for you such as: EndNote, Zotero, and EasyBib.com.
Prepared by the Public Health Library, University of California, Berkley
Healthy People 2020 strives to:
- Identify nationwide health improvement priorities.
- Increase public awareness and understanding of the determinants of health, disease, and disability and the opportunities for progress.
- Provide measurable objectives and goals that are applicable at the national, State, and local levels.
- Engage multiple sectors to take actions to strengthen policies and improve practices that are driven by the best available evidence and knowledge.
- Identify critical research, evaluation, and data collection needs.
- Attain high-quality, longer lives free of preventable disease, disability, injury, and premature death.
- Achieve health equity, eliminate disparities, and improve the health of all groups.
- Create social and physical environments that promote good health for all.
- Promote quality of life, healthy development, and healthy behaviors across all life stages.
- General Health Status
- Health-Related Quality of Life and Well-Being
- Determinants of Health
Tel: (660) 785- 7417
- Provides one-on-one assistance for research assignments with a subject reference librarian.
- Helps you find appropriate sources of information (databases, electronic sources, etc.) based on the requirements of your assignment.
- Shows you search techniques.Helps you find valuable resources outside of Pickler through our MOBIUS and Interlibrary Loan service.
- Send an email to: RAP session
- Call 660-785-4051
- Come to the Library Service Desk
= Restricted resource
= Some full text
= OpenURL enabled
= Video files
= Audio files