Information for School Visits
Pickler Memorial Library welcomes scheduled visits from high school classes as an important part of our mission to serve the communities of northeast Missouri.
Below are some guidelines and general information to help make your visit as productive as possible.
- Please schedule class visits at least two weeks in
advance, and give us a list of the students' topics. This will
enable us to plan for your coming and insure that the electronic
classroom will be available. Each visit usually includes a
brief tour of the building, instruction from a reference librarian
on the resources that best fit your students' projects, and time for
the students to search for and gather information with help from the
Contact: Janet Romine: 660-785-7418 - email@example.com
- Have students bring money for photocopying. Cost is 10 cents per page. We have change machines that will take bills up to $20. We provide free printing from the electronic classroom.
- Have your students search our library catalog before they come. This will enable them to spend more time on other resources.
- If students plan to check out books on their own, please have them fill out and print this High School Student Community Borrowers Card application form. They should bring the completed form with them, along with a picture ID (driver's license).
- Borrowers are responsible for all materials they check out, and they are expected to return materials when due. Borrowers may be subject to overdue fines, processing/billing fees, damaged and/or lost book charges for library materials checked out on their cards.
- If you will be staying through the lunch hour, you may like to take your students to the Student Union Building for lunch. It is the next building west of the Library.