Requesting through MOBIUS
MOBIUS links over 70 libraries in Missouri (mostly academic) so that you can borrow books from these libraries by requesting them online. A delivery service brings what you've ordered generally within 3-4 working days. You will be notified by Truman e-mail when the books arrive.
- Pick up and return items at the Library Service Desk (University ID required)
- Keep books for 28 days with two 28 day renewals if not needed elsewhere
- Videos are loaned for 10 days, with no renewals
- Renew them online through your Library account
- Students and staff can have up to 20 MOBIUS items at one time; Faculty can have up to 30 items.
- NOTE: You cannot order articles through MOBIUS
MOBIUS is now a partner with the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries. Look for the Prospector button in the MOBIUS Catalog. When MOBIUS doesn't have what you need, try Prospector.
Request Items through Interlibrary Loan
When MOBIUS/Prospector doesn't have what you need, you can try interlibrary loan.
For books or media items you can search WorldCat, which is a global catalog of library collections from libraries around the world. Because these items come in the mail they take longer to arrive than MOBIUS books.
- Pick up and return books at the Library Service Desk (University ID required)
- Loan periods are set by the lending library
- To renew, you must visit the Interlibrary Loan Office
- NOTE: You cannot order articles through WorldCat