This page provides information about Kirksville Newspapers at Pickler Memorial Library
Print Only. 1979-1999.
Indexes history journals and some other publications covering the US and Canada.
From the National Agricultural Statistics Service
Library has 1989+ in Missouriana Collection. Latest year in Reference JK 5430 M5. Also available online.
This is a collection of select publications from agencies throughout Missouri state government contributed by the Missouri State Library. The Missouri State Archives is the official statutory repository for print and electronic Missouri state government publications.
State government home page with links to all agencies.
This EBSCOhost eBook collection provides access to over 138,000 titles covering a wide variety of subject areas. It is comprised of the following sub-collecctions:
eBook Academic Collection
eBook Clinical Collection
eBook Community College Collection
eBook High School Collection
eBook K-8 Collection
eBook Public Library Collection
HeritageQuest® Online is a comprehensive database of American genealogical sources—rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, and finding aids. It delivers an essential collection of genealogical and historical sources—with coverage dating back to the 1700s.
The collection consists of six core data sets:
- U.S. Federal Censuses feature the original images of every extant federal census in the United States, from 1790 through 1930, with name indexes for many decades. In total the collection covers more than 140 million names.
- Genealogy and local history books deliver more than 7 million digitized page images from over 28,000 family histories, local histories, and other books. Titles have been digitized from our own renowned microform collections, as well from the American Antiquarian Society via an exclusive partnership.
- Periodical Source Index (PERSI), published by the Allen County Public Library, is recognized as the most comprehensive index genealogy and local history periodicals. It contains more than 2 million records covering titles published around the world since 1800.
- Revolutionary War records contains original images from pension and bounty land warrant application files help to identify more than 80,000 American Army, Navy, and Marine officers and enlisted men from the Revolutionary War era.
- Freedman’s Bank Records, with more than 480,000 names of bank applicants, their dependents, and heirs from 1865–1874, offers valuable data that can provide important clues to tracing African American ancestors prior to and immediately after the Civil War.
- LexisNexis U.S. Serial Set records the memorials, petitions, private relief actions made to the U.S. Congress back to 1789, with a total of more than 480,000 pages of information.
Jointly administered by the Missouri State Archives and the Missouri State Library, divisions of the Secretary of State's office. Collecting the history of Missouri.
St. Louis, Mo.
= Restricted resource
= Some full text
= OpenURL enabled
= Video files
= Audio files
Tel: (660) 785- 4051
To find books, videos or other materials located in Pickler Memorial Library, search the Library Catalog. It is usually a good idea to start with a keyword search so you can combine search terms that relate to your research project. To make sure that Missouri is in the subject field, put s: in front of it. For example:
s:missouri and education
s:missouri and agriculture and statistics
Also try subject searches for specific places in Missouri or people from Missouri. For example:
- benton, thomas hart
- joplin, scott
- adair county (mo)
- kansas city (mo)