Library Services for Alumni and Visitors
Getting to the Library
Campus Map & Directions
Parking is available for guests in the lot on the west side of the Library. Two 30-minute spaces are available to anyone. Visitors who plan to stay longer should obtain a permit from Parking Services (660-785-7400).
How to get a Library Card
Students and faculty/staff from other Missouri colleges/universities that are members of MOBIUS may use their college ID's to check out materials. They are subject to all MOBIUS regulations.
Missouri residents at least 16 years of age may apply for a Community Borrowers card. Application forms are available at the Library Service Desk.
Guest Internet Access
For internet access, visitors can get a Guest Account password at the Library Service Desk by providing a photo I.D. and phone number. The Guest Accounts must be used on the four Guest workstations located just past the circular staircase on the first floor. The password is good for one hour of internet access and is renewable for one additional hour. Printing is available for 10 cents per page. Pick up your prints at the Library Service Desk.
- Microform Readers: Located on the north end, west side of the first floor. Printing (10 cents per page) and scanning to digital files is available on certain machines.
- Photocopiers: Two black & white copiers (10 cents per page) and one color copier (50 cents per page are located on the first floor just north of the circular staircase.
- Production Services: A Comb Binder, Die Cut Press, Hole punch, & Paper Cutter are located on the first floor just north of the circular staircase.
- Touch Screen Book Scanners: Two scanners are located on the first floor just north of the circular staircase.
- Transparencies: Purchase transparencies at the Library Service Desk for 50 cents each and use the color copier on first floor (50 cents each).
- Typewriter: Located at the north end of the first floor near the Current Newspapers.
Resources of Special Interest
- Freely Accessible Databases**
- Genealogy and Local History --- The Library has many county histories, cemetery records, etc.
- Special Collections and University Archives
- Kirksville Newspapers --- Historic Kirksville newspapers are available on microfilm.
We encourage area school teachers to bring students to the Library to do research. We will work with you to make your visit as convenient as possible. Research & Instruction librarians can give tours, talk to your classes, and demonstrate how to use our databases and other information resources. Click here for more details and information on how to schedule a visit.
Regional High School Libraries may also be eligible to sign a borrowing agreement. Click here for more details.
Pickler Memorial Library is a smoke-free building.
Food is allowed in Library Café area only.
Drinks are permitted outside Library Cafe' only in acceptable containers.