North American Congress on Latin America (NACLA) Archive of Latin Americana
Location: Microfilm Room - F 1216 - F3738 (see below) Call number varies by country.
This collection of primary sources covers Latin American history from the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. The collection contains serial holdings, pamphlets, fliers, reports, newspapers, magazines and posters. According to a description provided by the publisher, Scholarly Resources, “the publications generally provide a left-wing ideological perspective covering progressive and human rights issues, but documentation of the political right, the military governments, and the Church is also included.”
The full set is comprised of 339 microfilm reels. Pickler Memorial Library owns 215 microfilm reels of the set. Listed below are the titles, along with the call numbers of each set, owned by Pickler Memorial Library. All titles in this collection are represented in Truman’s Library Catalog and can be located by keyword, title, author and subject. Additional information appears on The North American Congress on Latin America (NACLA) web site.
1. Bolivia – 5 microfilm reels – Microfilm F3327 B68 1997 – Includes material dating from 1966 to 1992.
2. Chile – 50 microfilm reels – Microfilm F3100 C44 1997 – Includes material dating from 1959 to 1990.
3. Colombia – 11 microfilm reels – Microfilm F2279 P47 1997 – Includes material dating from 1962 to 1991.
4. Cuba – 24 microfilm reels – Microfilm F1788 C825 1997 – Includes material dating from 1956 to 1994.
5. Ecuador – 5 microfilm reels – Microfilm F3738 E2 1997 – Includes material dating from 1967 to 1990.
6. El Salvador – 30 microfilm reels – Microfilm F1488.3 E36 1997 – Includes material dating from 1973 to 1992.
7. Latin America – 47 microfilm reels – Microfilm F1414 L27 1997 – Includes material dating from 1957 to 1992.
8. Mexico – 16 microfilm reels – Microfilm F1216 M4 1998 – includes material dating from 1947 to 1992.
9. Nicaragua – 20 microfilm reels – Microfilm F1528 N55 1998 – Includes material dating from 1956 to 1992.
10. Peru – 7 microfilm reels – Microfilm F3448.2 P48 1998 – Includes material dating from 1965 to 1991.
How to search the collection
Reels in the set are arranged by country and each country is subdivided topically – i.e., politics, government, socioeconomic conditions, agriculture, solidarity groups, human and civil rights, racial groups, women and gender issues, culture, church and religion and environment and ecology. This collection is one of several collections covering Latin American History owned by Pickler Memorial Library. Other collections include the Princeton University Libraries Latin American Microfilm Collection Supplement I and Supplement II, the Princeton University Latin American Pamphlet Collection, and the Yale University collection of Latin American manuscripts. To find primary source material on a particular country from all of these collections in Truman’s library catalog, use the following keyword search as an example: (yale or princeton or north american congress) and microform and bolivia. (Any other country name can be substituted for Bolivia.) This keyword search will pull up all the primary sources in these collections for the particular country that you are searching.
North American Congress of Latin Americana Microfilm F1414 J64 1999 lists the reel contents for each collection.
For more information about this subject in our Library Catalog, check out these
Bolivia -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
Chile -- Politics and government
Colombia -- Politics and government -- 1946-
Colombia -- Economic conditions -- 1918-
Cuba -- Politics and government -- 1959-
Ecuador -- Politics and government -- 1944-1984.
El Salvador -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century
Mexico -- Social conditions -- 20th century
Peru -- Politics and government -- 20th century
Time Period: 20th Century
Subject keywords: Latin American History, Religion and Philosophy, Women's Studies