Mission and History
Pickler Memorial Library History
Pickler Memorial Library’s current building was constructed in 1925, expanded in in 1967, and renovated in 1993. It is named for Samuel M. Pickler, a former student and faculty member whose generous donation made the 1925 construction possible. More details and an illustrated timeline can be found at our history page.
Mission: Encouraging discovery through our resources, services, and space
The library values staff and their creativity, flexibility, willingness to collaborate, and their ability to anticipate and respond to a changing environment.Strategic Plan